Teen Youth Accounts
First Class Federal Credit Union created the Teen Youth Account to encourage our youngest members to learn the benefits of saving money. We take pride in educating our young members about sound financial habits and believe the earlier teens are educated about money matters, the better financial choices they will make in the future. Take the first step in your financial success!
- $10.00 minimum balance ($0.25 fee to open)
- Free Checking (1)
- VISA® Check Card (2)
- IRA (3)
- Free Home banking (First Class Anywhere©) (4)
- Free Direct Deposit
(1) Must be at least 16 years old. A parent or guardian must be a joint owner on the account.
(2) Must be at least 16 years old. A parent or guardian must co-sign the account agreement.
(3) No minimum age but you must have earned income to contribute.
(4) Must be at least 16 years old. A parent or guardian must co-sign the account agreement.
Federal law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify and record information that identifies each person who opens an account.
We will ask to see the teen's current driver's license or school photo ID (if they have one) or other identifiying documents such as a job paystub that has the teen's current address.
If that cannot be provided, the parent or guardian if not already a member, will be required to provide their current driver's license, Federal or State issued ID or other identifying documents which shows your current address. Other identifying documents may include:
- Current utility bill (i.e., electric, gas, water or cellphone bill)
- Current bank statement from another financial institution
- Current credit card bill
For additional information or questions, please contact a Member Service Rep @ 610-439-4102.